Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Reference: Asia emissions to rise by 40%, Bangkok Post, June 17, 2009

Its title notwithstanding, the article says that Asia now emits 40% of the world's carbon dioxide from the use of fossil fuels (Asia emissions to rise by 40%, Bangkok Post, June 17, 2009). The charge, even if it is true, is not an indictment of the Asian way of life for Asians comprise 60% of the world's population. The question the media should pursue is why and how it is that the other 40% of the population emits 60% of the offensive form of carbon dioxide and still has the temerity to point fingers at Asia. As a footnote, we might also consider that dire predictions of the effect of carbon dioxide from fossil fuels in terms of extreme weather have been fed to us for two decades now and no sign of any of it has yet emerged. Nature is not cooperating with the global warmists and it just keeps right on generating data that are a little too inconvenient for those pushing the Armageddon scenario in terms of carbon dioxide from fossil fuels.

Cha-am Jamal

1 comment:

CPMJohn said...

Drat tath inconsiderate Nature! How's a bureaucrat or grant study seeker supposed to make a living without a looming crisis?!